Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week 7

This week I only worked on Wednesday. Along with Kyle, I moved more books onto the shelves for me to enter into the computer. My previously empty shelves are full once again, but this should be the last wave of incoming books. I am also almost completed with a third spreadsheet of LoC numbers. as I am entering more and more books, instead of magazines, there are more with LoC numbers documented which means the spreadsheets are filling faster. My reading for this week was about the handling and storage of archival materials. According to the article, many modern museums are not adequately equipped to handle archival materials because many of them are not climate controlled. Most of the article focused on making sure the area of storage was acid free and had a controlled climate to help with preservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment